IN RESPONSE TO:
"Breakeven" by The Script
You say I left with my suitcase
As if it weren't already open,
On the bed,
With nothing to pack but toxic memories.
What you mean to say,
Is that I have all the baggage
The truth is, hearts don't breakeven
Overnight you become a scale of weight
Splintering a heart with the precision of a glass cutter
To me it felt more like shattering
You are incapable of weighing the shards
When they disintegrate to dust
If I was the finest part of you,
Then what are you in truth?
Siamese twins share a heart,
Conjoined in a bond without the option
Of dispatch
The thump of the heart they share is in synch...
Whereas I,
Have a heart that beats to the innocence
Of a lullaby
While you,
pound to the guilt
Of heavy, heavy, metal
If you were barely breathing,
You wouldn't sing of false accusations
To bring forth your guilt in me
If we shared a heart,
I would offer the fragments for weighing
But we don't
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment