Pajama Day
I dont know anyone who actually wears pajamas. In fact, they may be as big of a ripoff as expensive valentines day chocolate. There really is no point to it. I can't think of one reason why you would need special clothes to go to sleep in. I'd much rather wear a snuggie to sleep sleep or one of my dads big tshirts. The only times pajamas come in handy are 1) Sleepovers where a lot of pictures are being taken and 2) Pajama day. It's all for commercial purposes.
I also don't know why pajamas can't be worn in the middle of the day, or why they're considered cute or anything of that sort. They're literally baggy pieces of material. I'd much rather go to lacrosse practice in baggy pjs than tight under armour. Then again, this is my opinion. I remember being around five years old when I received my first night gown. Naturally, my grandma bought it for me from a Disney Store to match her blue linen tablecloth night gown that must have been purchased from a curtain store. I thought I was Sleeping Beauty whenever I fell asleep, until the day I realized I wasn't and that my old nightgown with the grape juice stain down the front didn't suit my needs any longer. I then graduated to a two piece, thermal pajama set that looked more like long underwear than anything else. This lasted until my first sleepover, when every other girl had tiedye sweatpant pajamas with words on the back such as "SOCCER" or "CHEER!", when half of them didn't play soccer or were a member of a cheerleading team. These pajamas cost more than regular clothing, and I had to ask every member in my family to buy them for me before realizing the softest person of them all is my grandpa, who would do anything as long as I looked at him a certain way. After this fad of pajamas went out of style, I had had enough. This is why, to this this day, I wear a baggy tshirt to bed or a sweatshirt. Nothing more, nothing less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment