Wednesday, February 3, 2010

1. Who are you? Introduce yourself...and be creative about it!2. Why did you sign up for this course?3. What are your favorite types of writing to do?4. What types of writing would you like to experiment with?5. What types of writing do you dislike?6. What do you like to read? (Remember, good writers are good readers!)

My name is Michelle Leibowitz and I don't know what to say about myself because I don't really know myself. You know your brain doesn't stop growing until you're 23 so I have about eight years to go before I get "who i am" sorted out. I do know there's parts of me that I should focus on more and bring to light, but I don't. I used to play the guitar, iceskate, dance, play violin, and READ AND WRITE. I guess I have somewhat of a motivational issue, but maybe I haven't found what my real passion is. Again, I'm giving myself eight years to get that figured out. What worries me is the older I get, the more independent I become. With that comes a difficulty to stay focused when I'm not trying to please anyone but myself.
I'm in "advanced creative writing" which is really challenging compared to regular creative writing. It's quadruple the workload and I don't know how I'm going to handle it. Nah it's the same class, I liked it last year which is why I'm taking it again. It's a good release and it forces me to be creative because I don't do that on my own very often. I like writing about what I feel like writing about at that moment. If I'm given an assignment that I'm not in the mood for, it's extremely difficult to complete it. Mostly I write short stories or short pieces of a long story. I like poetry at times too- it leaves out a lot of unnecessary words. I like reading weird stories that have shock value. =0

No comments:

Post a Comment